You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Psalm 23: 5-6 NKJV

Friday, June 9, 2017

Who'da Thunk

Isaiah turned 13 this year.
He is officially a teenager!
He is such a huge help. He is my right hand man. Before he turned 13 he asked me things like- "How old do I have to be to mow?" He was so frustrated wanting to do big things. I told him he had to be 13. So next week he helps mow up north with Dad. When he's good enough he can mow at home too. He needs practice. ;o)
Above he is reading the instructions for our new tree trimmer.
Yes, I told him 13 is old enough to trim branches.

 I was sitting here (on my bed) sewing scarves, and if I get off the bed he sneaks in! It was his birthday! My sweet young man.

 He has dyslexia, but it doesn't stop him. Of course it does slow him down. He's excellent at Math. Even with writing numbers backwards, the answers are correct. He checks his work for that now. He will read complicated technical instructions with great care. Reading takes him longer. But he still reads. He enjoys a lot of books. He's read so many. He never backs down from a challenge.

He's making circuits. He's always curious. I am the worst instruction reader ever. And circuits would drive me crazy!

 He got a military pocket watch for his birthday. Nothing expensive. It was from Avon. But it means a lot to him.

 The goggles were his idea so he could chop onions without tears! LOL!

 He helps with everything. I don't have a lot of pictures of him unless I ask Kitty to take some for me.

He loves dogs. He doesn't help much with them, he loves to play with them. Faith and I do the dog feeding, clean up, training. He helps more with the cat. He feeds her every morning and tries to keep her next to him all day! :o) Every time I complain about the cat, like when she jumps onto a tray of 8m beads on my bed while I'm sewing!!!!! Isaiah says "aww cute!"
ARGH!!

 He has a crazy sense of humor. This is a bottle of water. He labeled it "Old Betsie's Beautiful Bottled Beer".
WHAT???

 Noah just turned 14. Isaiah is his favorite little brother! :o)

This was for my 60th birthday. He is so thoughtful, he decorated his room to surprise me. Of course he had help from his most favorite 3 big sisters.

The Lord has truly blessed our family for 13 wonderful years with Isaiah.
I have been truly blessed. Praise God for His Gifts. My cup is overflowing.

6 comments:

  1. Isaiah, I'm happy to read about your many interests and that you are such a big help and blessing to your family! Enjoy being 13!

    It was so good to hear from your family again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Barb! (((HUGS))) and prayers for you and your family :o)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and hearing about your wonderful family. Happy birthday to Isiah. Such a responsible young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sue! Isaiah says Thank You too!! (((HUG)))

      Delete
  3. I am behind on everything lately! A most heart felt belated birthday, well wishes, from me here in Georgia! Isaiah is such a grown man now. Amazing how much he has matured and grown up in the last few years. God is so good! He blesses us with children that love to help and are kind. Happy birthday to you both! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where does the time go! :o) He's even grown taller since these pictures! They don't slow down when they start to grow! (((HUGS)))

      Delete

We love comments! Please be kind :o)