You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Psalm 23: 5-6 NKJV

Monday, June 19, 2017

Beyond busy!

 The little boys and Mercy eat at the table in front of the french doors. As we make dinner several boys jump on the couch to watch and wait! :o)
This was taken after dinner. So boys were headed outside.
We are putting shelves over the couch for dishes.

 I took pictures of our sorting progress half way through. I should have taken them after! duh!

Above Violet is contained at night so she can't get into trouble. She keeps everyone awake leaping from bed to bed. She makes a mess of her litter boxes no matter where they are. ugh! How can one 8 lb cat make so much mess?

 Last night I cut out the curtain fabric. It got so hot cooking in the trailer today that I couldn't sew. I'll do it tomorrow. I found the Barred Owl picture super cheap at Ho*me D*e*pot. The other 2 pictures are "little boy" drawings by an artist I liked. Everything must be hung high enough that little hands don't knock them down!

Tomorrow the teens will wash the appliances. They are filthy on the outside from construction.
The big brown box holds super sized building blocks for the boys.

 My kitchen area has a long way to go. I need a counter, and a few cupboards under the counter top.
SP is sitting to the left waiting for coffee!


 The craft/teen table with the purple tablecloth. The teens can sit there as the boys eat. We love how we can always see where they are. And they love running around!

A new table tent. Its supposed to be a "camper". It was from o*rie*ntal trdng. I'm not thrilled with it. Julius and Moses like it. I guess that's what matters.

 My kitchen window view- including the big blue well outside. :o(

This picture hangs over Isaiah's bunk. It reminds me of him. I loved the artists drawings of little boys.

More sorting, sewing and cleaning tomorrow. We thank God for all the room we have here to get it done! Last year with the construction we were so squished into certain areas and it was hard for us all.
What a difference a year makes.

Next year Isaiah and I are going to set up a wood shop area in the garage! Tom doesn't like working with wood. I've always wanted to- and Isaiah wants to learn too!
Lysa has decided she wants to work on the lawn- mowing and weed whacking!
They are so much help! And they get along amazingly. We have so many fun memories!
Praise God!

4 comments:

  1. I think that artist's picture is cute too! Who is the artist? Wood working, we must be sisters... I want to do some woodworking too. I've been putting it off for about 20 years now. I am going to do it here though. I can't wait to see you do some projects. Once again, your place is so lovely, inviting.... I want to come over for a while. You have made it into such a beautiful place for your family. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Hadassah! You'll be surprised by the next post! LOL! Its changed even more! I need shelves over the couch next. :o)
      The picture was like 7.99 (unframed) from Zulily about 5 years ago. They aren't signed. I'd love to have you all over! :o) Can't wait to "see" your progress! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. I do all the word work and building around here as well. I was my dads tool girl when I was a child and grew up helping him build additions onto our home, barns, play houses, and anything needed or needing fixing round our home. I learned a lot and would much rather be outside working than inside any day. But I do like doing projects in the house as well. Love seeing all the wonderful pictures. The place has really come so far! I bet it brings you all much joy. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have much in common Susan! (((HUG))) I thought all men were like my Dad. It's good to see Isaiah now carries it forward. It is very satisfying to do the work, a gift, not a bother! (((HUGS)))

      Delete

We love comments! Please be kind :o)