You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Psalm 23: 5-6 NKJV

Sunday, February 5, 2017

The new refrigerator

Life seems to be racing by since we came home from vacation October 3.
October - our Fall festivities pumpkin month. November -filled with Thanksgiving. December remembering His Birth- Christmas. January - WHAT !! it's a new year.

And here is February already?

This song reminds me it's going to be o.k. ;o) Just Breathe :o)


Our last refrigerator was a dud. We bought it 20 years ago after a storm sent a power surge through the house killing almost every appliance we owned. I never like the replacement refrigerator. I did like that it was the first we ever owned that had ice and water...........that leaked for 10 years.

So I searched the internet and found a great one at Home Depot. The price was great!

While searching I heard on the news that big stores charge more if you buy on your pc rather than your smart phone!? So Tom went to Home Depot in cognito and sure enough it was the same terrific sale price! LOL!! So we bought it. Bad news- it would take THREE weeks to deliver. :o(

We've had great luck with HD. They have Free delivery. They took away our old dishwasher (from 1982) away for free. This time we had to pay $25 to have the old fridge taken away. But it was huge. So that was still a deal!

Our very old kitchen has no built ins so there's lots of wiggle room for size. I didn't know it but my mom had bought a similar style new fridge at the same time! But she has a "built in" space and had a devil of a time finding the right size fridge to fit.
The double oven stove on the left looked huge until this came!

The kids filling it up per my instructions. :o)
We have a 2nd very old ready to die fridge in the basement for the over-flow. I hate to think of that one dying.
The bowls on the bottom right were moved to the drawer below after I saw them there.

Way cool drawer so you don't have to keep opening the fridge. Leftover bowls and fruit go in here. So easy to grab. No more spills!

Freezer drawer. WAY COOL!

 Basket in the freezer drawer.
Two frozen frappes. (mine in case of emergency, aka bad day ;o)

I begged Tom to get a plumber to hook up the water/ice again. He did. Now THAT (plumber) was expensive, but no more leaks!
Kitty and Zay took the photos. They even video'ed water pouring into a cup- LOL!

The "night" light setting. Last time we had no lights! I tell them this is how the rich people live- ROTFLOL!! The oldest children raised here hated it when I said that. These "4" think its funny and have my sense of humor! ;o)

 I'm sparing you the water video- LOL!

 My price is right model ;o) and photographer.
They have since decorated the front with their magnets.

 When I first told Tom I was looking for the new refrigerator, (because I can only live with wet floors 10 yrs max) he started looking too.

I looked on my pc in my bedroom, he looked on his laptop in the living room. Zay ran back and forth up the stairs to "see".

He told Tom that surely I was going to buy a chrome colored one to match the oven! Tom said I'd never choose chrome- I hated chrome. Well I did order chrome because the old white fridge  showed every speck of dirt and drip, and I hated that!

Zay told Tom I'd buy one with the freezer drawer. Tom said no way- she hates freezer drawers! But I did because in the last 20 years they are much nicer!!

After 47 years, (he was 16, I was 13 when we met) don't you think he'd know me by now? OY!

As for Zay what can I say, we think a lot alike. Which is great fun. And a very special gift from God!
~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

(NKJV) Matthew 10:34-39

Christ Brings Division

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’[e] 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
Thank You Jesus, You told us, You tell us, we understand. We hear You! We believe!
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the fridge! We have a full sized all freezer and full sized all fridge. With all the daily eggs from chickens and milk from milking goats it builds up quickly and we need LOTS of room. We also have a second fridge/freezer on our front porch for over flow. Amazing how much our large families eat! Love the ice maker on yours. Now that is how the rich people live!!! Much love and many blessings from little ol me in the North Georgia Mountains!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please be kind :o)