You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Psalm 23: 5-6 NKJV

Monday, January 16, 2017

Making a DIY "Busy Blanket" for my Love MA

You can see it here :o)
http://theroaddownhome.blogspot.com/2017/01/my-sweet-love-friend-ma.html

And this is how I made my version of a "Busy Blanket" for MA. ;o) I wanted to share in case you have a Love to make one for too.
I had 2 pieces of pink fleece left over from other projects.
I used pink because MA loves pink. I used my olfa scallop blade to cut my pieces.

The thickness of the 2 pink rectangles were ideal to sew on. The thread/knots held better. I used silver sparkly thread. If I'd had more fleece I would have made the blanket with 2 pieces back to back instead of one piece.

I raided my bits and bobs sewing/craft boxes and pulled out what I knew MA would enjoy fiddling with.

This is the whole finished blanket. Zay held it up for me. Three edges were "finished" with darker pink fleece. The bottom was left "raw" with just the scallop. That scalloped edge is her favorite.

I sewed the rectangles on with pink baby yarn. I always tie off yarn with a bow. (right corner)

The little "dots" are seed beads, scattered to hold the back of the finished edges, on the backside.

I wrote my name on the tag so she can "see" I made it. She forgets.
That's a little pewter lady bug on the right corner of the "label".

This is the unfinished edge. Each corner has a little something to catch her eye.


 I HAD to add the googly eyes! I knew they'd crack her up! I fabric glued them on.

A little snow flake with lots of bling!

 A sheepie, flowers, a pearl, and a heart.

 I had this leftover piece of fleece with hello kitty. I embellished her.

 The back side showing the 3 finished edges and the one unfinished edge.

Little stitches from front to back holding the fleece down.

You can't make mistakes when you are creating for someone you Love. Fleece is a very forgiving fabric. This can be washed on gentle and air dried.

I hope and pray it inspires your creativity!

***********
I found this quote recently and loved it! So true isn't it!
"Conversion is not the smooth, easy-going process some men seem to think… It is wounding work, this breaking of the hearts, but without wounding there is no saving… Where there is grafting there will always be a cutting, the graft must be let in with a wound; to stick it onto the outside or to tie it on with a string would be of no use. Heart must be set to heart and back to back or there will be no sap from root to branch. And this, I say, must be done by a wound, by a cut.”
― John Bunyan

5 comments:

  1. That is just so beautiful and so special. Thank you for sharing! I haven't been on your main blog here for a while so when I first came on my heart just melted over your kid's precious faces... I just miss their faces so much!!! It felt like looking at my own kid's faces, just warms my heart. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put in so many special touches just for MA. I hope she will enjoy it for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Will have to keep it in mind for Antonio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, thank you for telling me about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! (((HUG))) I had the wrong link above to the post where I gave it to her. OY! I fixed it.

      Delete

We love comments! Please be kind :o)