You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Psalm 23: 5-6 NKJV

Saturday, January 21, 2017

God's Great LOVE and my super heroes

He Will Never Let You Go

(Max Lucado)

Then the Lord said to me (him), “Go again, love a woman who is loved by a lover[a] and is committing adultery, just like the love of the Lord for the children of Israel, who look to other gods and love the raisin cakes of the pagans.” Hosea 3:1 NKJV

GOD WILL NOT LET YOU GO. 
He has handcuffed himself to you in love. And he owns the only key. You need not win his love. You already have it. And since you can't win it, you can't lose it.

As evidence, consider exhibit A: the stubborn love of Hosea for Gomer. Contrary to the name, Gomer was a female, an irascible woman married to a remarkable Hosea. She had the fidelity code of a prairie jackrabbit, flirting and hopping from one lover to another. She ruined her life and shattered Hosea's heart. Destitute, she was placed for sale in a slave market. Guess who stepped forward to buy her? Hosea, who'd never removed his wedding band. The way he treated her you would have thought she'd never loved another man. God uses this story, indeed orchestrated this drama, to illustrate his steadfast love for his fickle people.

Then the Lord said to me (him), “Go again, love a woman who is loved by a lover[a] and is committing adultery, just like the love of the Lord for the children of Israel, who look to other gods and love the raisin cakes of the pagans.” Hosea 3:1 NKJV

This is the love described in John 3:16. Hasaq is replaced with the Greek term agape, but the meaning is equally powerful. "God so [agapao] the world ... "

Agape love. Less an affection, more a DECISION; less a feeling, more an ACTION. As one linguist describes, "[Agape love is] an exercise of the Divine will in deliberate choice, made without assignable cause save that which lies in the nature of God Himself."

Stated more simply: junkyard wrecks and showroom models share equal space in God's garage.
~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~~

We had great plans to make our own super hero costumes.
(Kitty's design above)

Some of the adult kids who were raised here continue to criticize me for my failures and promises that never came to fruition. But these four are different. They forgive me. A gift I cannot repay. This was Kitty's drawing above of the costume she wanted to make.

Altho; (pausing and reflecting here)
broken promises are not the sign of bad parenting. (I cannot escape being human.) Ignoring their spiritual life is a sign of neglectful parenting. And I have been shamed by those same adult children for being "too religious". They've also said that I shame and use the bible to guilt them. If you read the story by Max above I think you understand the true way I use my faith to encourage those adult children who chose to wander into dangerous places. I have prayed daily. I love them.

                 This is Lysa's superhero costume design above.
They drew these 2 years ago. I can't believe how their artistic talents continue to grow.

      Faith our Steve Irwin fan's superhero costume design above.

Zay is a minimalist when it comes to drawing. So he just wanted a tshirt cape kind of thing. :o) Easily found on aM*az*on. No drawing needed.;o)

In the meantime I homeschool 9, care for the 10 children at home  AND work 24/7 full time with my 2 Group Home gals. All that I absolutely love- but time escapes me.

We had the costume pattern, I just never got the time.

BUT we did have the internet. ;o) So in my spare time I got to work searching for each piece of the costumes.

I found tutu skirts, tights, dance leotards. (ordered in larger sizes to go over a tshirt, and for modesty purposes) I even found superhero cape socks! There is fleece patterned with different super heroes, I ordered some in 1 yard pieces for capes. Masks were ordered blank, they decorated them themselves.

Each costume cost under $25.00.

The older two wanted to have a superhero tea! LOL! The younger two wanted a "full dress" tea. :o)

                                     Lysa to the rescue!
Lysa's superhero fights for- verse 1Tim. 6:6 "Godliness with contentment is great gain."
Definition= "ease of mind, a being pleased, and satisfaction." Lysa is fighting for thankfulness.

             Faith's super hero is "Victory and Justice over evil".
                     Faith is fighting for Victory in Christ!

Faith tucked her cape socks under her tights! LOL! Crazy kid! We are making the hero designs in felt, to glue on the front. But that project is on hold as life throws curve balls. :o) The designs are drawn and ready to cut.

                   Beautiful Katherine in her tea party finest.

Hmm, well this is the "boy" version of everything.

Oh how I love boys! 
Zay is in full dress for the tea party. Since everything is black you can barely see his bow tie :o) 

His superman cape shirt is somewhere in a rumple on his bed. 

Getting him to "dress" up with us is difficult when he has other interests like building electronic circuits! And he never spends more than 2 minutes contemplating an outfit. :o) 
In fact he thinks dressing up is putting a camo shirt with matching  camo pants on his brother Julius. Or helping his big brother Samson match all his clothes for the day in the same color!! LOL! Love it!! 


Kitty's superhero uses Proverbs 23:26 "My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways." She wants to fight to be the best Christian example to others! 

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE my superheroes! PRAISING God!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand. I had always promised Stephen I would take him camping and never got to it. Life gets very busy but God is good and we get the most important things done that NEED to be done. My kids never seem to mind I dont get everything done they desire. We have fun and sure get a lot packed into every day! Hugs from me! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please be kind :o)